• Curious Orca Takes Taste of Paddle Boarders Board — See Video (NBC News, 5/20/15).
• Study: Increase in Dolphin Deaths Caused by Gulf Spill (Huffington Post, 5/20/15). Read the full study here.
• Last Remaining Gulf of Mexico Bryde’s Whales May Get Protection (Star Tribune, 5/10/15). Read more here.
• Pressure Building for Japan to End Annual Dolphin Slaughter (Fox News, 4/30/15).
• Sperm Whale and Human Friend, Andrew Armour, Twirl Together in Dominica — See Beautiful Video (Caters TV, 4/27/15).
• Do Dolphins Talk? Can We Converse? Denise Herzing, Other Researchers Discuss Goals, Progress (National Geographic, May Issue, available online 4/15/15).
• Western (or Eastern) North Pacific Gray Whale Makes Record-Breaking Journey from Russia to Mexico (USA Today, 4/15/15). Read more, see map of swimming route here. Find the study here. Read more, see more images here.
• Sperm Whale Investigates Deep Sea Rover 1,962′ Below Surface at Site of BP Spill —See Video (E/VNautilus, YouTube, 4/14/15). See more E/V Nautilus expedition videos here.
• Virginia Chapter Sierra Club Campaign: Stop Oil Exploration in Endangered Right Whale Waters (Sierra Club, 4/1/15).
• Marine Mammal Advocates Win Suit against NMFS for Approving Naval Sonar, Explosives in Hawaiian, Southern California Waters (NRDC via Marmam, 4/1/15). Read more here.
• Old but Noteworthy: Underwater Photographer Captures First Moments of Newborn Sperm Whale’s Life — See Video (WetPixel.com, 9/2014). See edited YouTube version here.
• Study: Older Female Killer Whales Function as Repositories of Knowledge (The Register 3/7/15). Read the full study, see images and film footage here.
• Almost 200 Pilot Whales Strand in New Zealand (National Geographic, 2/13/15).
• Orcas Enjoy Rubbing Beach as Humans Watch from Close By — See Amazing Video (OneGreenPlanet.org, 2/4/15). You can also find the video here.
• Obama to Allow Oil, Gas Drilling off S.E. Coast — at What Cost to Whales, Other Marine Life? (National Geographic, 1/29/15).
• Study: Deep-Diving Marine Mammals Endure Irregular Heartbeat (Science Times, 1/19/15). Learn more here.
• Beneath the Waves Film Festival Issues Calls for Submissions (Marmam, 1/16/15). Learn more about the festival here. Find a list of previous festival film archives here. View the beautiful 2014 short film In Harmony with Whales here.
• Orcas Take Very Close Look at Inflatable Boat, Human Occupants — See Video (1/14/15 BT.com)
• Bowheads Beat Humpbacks for Diversity of Song — Hear Recordings (BBC Earth, 1/13/15).
• Activist Ric O’Barry Sees Public Turning Against Captivity (AP, SFGate, 1/12/15).
• 60-Foot-Long Fin Whale Found Dead on Beach in Cornwall — See Photo (The Independent, 1/12/15).
• Familiar Orca Family Returns to California Coast — See Slide Show (Orange County Register, 1/9/15).
• Foundation Filming, Raising Funds for Doc on Saving Ganges River Dolphin (Marmam 1/8/15). See trailer here.
• Birth of Baby Orca Gives Researcher Some Hope for Endangered Pod’s Survival (Discovery News, 1/6/15).
• Long-Lived Bowhead’s Genome May Offer Clues to Extending Human Lifespan (IBTimes, 1/4/15). Read more here.
• White Bottlenose Dolphin Spotted in Florida’s Indian River Lagoon — See Photo (Florida Today, 1/2/15). See video footage here.
• Whale, Dolphin Sightings Off California Coast Breaking Records (The Daily Breeze, 1/2/15).