• Study Finds Friends Have Similar Brain Wave Responses to Video Clips (The New York Times, 4/16/18).
• Exquisite Mosaics, Possibly by African Artisans, Draw Visitors to World Heritage Site Villa in Sicily — See Video (National Geographic, 4/14/18).
• Modern Mexicans Carry Lost History of Early Immigrant Groups in Genes (Science, 4/13/18).
• Opinion: Saving Wildlife Helps Humans, Too — See Photos (The New York Times, 4/7/18).
• Efforts to Assess Damage to Peru’s Nazca Lines Lead to Discovery of More, Older Drawings— See Photos, Diagrams and Video (National Geographic, 4/5/18).
• Finding: Neanderthals Cared for Their Own, Buried Their Dead — See Photos (The Conversation, 4/5/18).
• Study: Neanderthals’ Big Noses Served a Purpose — See Photos (COSMOS, 4/5/18).
• BBC Admits Scenes in Documentary on Papua New Guinea Tribe, Other Nature Programs, were Staged — See Footage (The Guardian, 4/4/18). Read more, see more video here.
• Theory: Vikings Used Crystals to Navigate when Sun was Concealed (The Washington Post, 4/4/18).
• Mummy Mystery: Whose Head Is It, Anyway? — See Photos (The New York Times, 4/2/18).
• Humans Don’t Have 5 Senses, They Have 10 — See Photos (COSMOS, 1/31/18).
• Study: Ancient Egyptians’ Efforts to Prepare for Drought Offer Climate Change Lessons for Modern Societies (The New York Times, 3/30/18).
• Researchers Find Human Footprints from Ice Age on British Columbia Shore — See Photos & Diagram (Gizmodo, 3/28/18). Read more, see more photos, maps and video here, here, here and here. Read the study here.
• Researchers Find Remains of Ancient Villages in New Part of Amazon, More Evidence of Dense Population before Europeans Arrived — See Photos (New Scientist, 3/27/18). Read more, see more photos here.
• Study: Very Tiny Mummified Skeleton Not Alien — Human with Unique Disorder — See Photo (The New York Times, 3/22/18).
• Meet the (Older) Man who Crossed the Ocean in a Kayak…3 Times — See Photos & Maps (The New York Times, 3/22/18).
• NINYF*: 2 Men Almost Die in Iditarod — See Photos (The Washington Post, 3/20/18).
• Early Humans Met, Mated with Mysterious Denisovans in 2 Separate Waves — See Illo (COSMOS, 3/16/18). Read more, see more illos and video here.
* Nature is not your friend.
• Researchers Astonished by Evidence that Neanderthals Created Art — See Photo (Science, 2/23/18). Read more, see more photos here and here. See video report here.
• Study: Some Modern Caribbean People May Carry Ancient, pre-Contact Taino Genes (Science, 2/23/18).
• Ancient Tools Discovered in India Indicate Humans Left Africa Earlier than Thought — See Photos (The Conversation, 2/1/18). Read more, see more photos here, here and here.
• Age of Jawbone Fossil Found in Israel Pushes Back Date Humans Left Africa by 50,000 Years — See Photos & Video (The Conversation, 1/25/18).
• Study: Salmonella Strong Candidate for Killing Millions of Aztecs in 1545 (Daily Kos, 1/15/18).
• Baby Buried in Alaska 11,500 Years Ago Belonged to Lost Branch of Ancient Native Americans — See Photos (The Verge, 1/3/18). Read more here.